HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IT'S JUST PAINT !!!



A LITTLE GOLD PAINT AND TUBE OF GOLD RUB AND BUFF .......

The "Design" world likes to stir things up now and then. I read, about a year ago, that "gold" would be the new metal!!! Silver and chrome have been hot for the last few years. To keep things new and fresh, gold metals have been slowly taking a bigger place in the market.

Not to let things get away from me, I realized that with a little paint, I could stay on top of the movement!!!! The best part......it's just paint! It can be changed again and again. In fact the large mirror in the Dining Room has had many "lives". It started out a dark brown....boring! Changed it to black, then silver and now it's GOLD!!!! I like the way it "marries" the Asian panels. The console table was originally gold, changed it to silver a few years ago, and yes, it's gold again...... So simple!!!

......it's just a trip to Lowes' paint department!



BEFORE








AFTER


THE GOLD HORSE AND GOLD "BOAT" RELATE TO THE GOLD TRIM IN THE PICTURE FRAME IN THE KITCHEN AND THE GOLD FRAME AROUND THE DINING ROOM MIRROR




BEFORE


Didn't stop in the Dining Room......went to the bedroom and changed the silver frames around the flower prints!!! Secret......they are from The Dump and started life with scratched black frames which I painted silver ......and now ......GOLD

As I said at the start..............IT'S JUST PAINT !!!!

5 comments:

  1. It makes a big difference - and the difference is good.
    Viva la difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty I just love the gold! And it really changes the look of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WARMTH FOR SUMMER!

    any by the way, I LOVE how crafty you are becoming!!!! It is JUST paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until the design world changes from gold to ......purple!!! Won't that be fun...

    ReplyDelete