HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

WHAT DID WE DO ON OUR "HOLIDAY" WEEKEND

ACTUALLY, WHAT HOLIDAY!  ALL DAYS ARE HOLIDAYS WHEN YOU ARE RETIRED!!!

We stayed home and did nothing special..............  Oh---- we took a Target Run...   Now,    that's exciting!

but....  MC and I did do a little design changes around the Bucket List House.....I can't be "locked" up for three days and not think of something that I know will look absolutely awesome in a different fashion!

Moved  chairs and two of Erica's Art pieces!!!!  I have become an "expert" in moving furniture!!!

The chairs I can do myself....easy....put them on their side and "slide" them from room to room!  Or put an item (as a table) to be moved on a small area rug and slide the "unit" around!  The slipper chairs are moved by just "pushing" them from place to place.  They are the only chairs that have not left the Great Room.  (yet)....But....They would look fab in any bedroom!   Erica's Art, I need help from MC. 

Large wing back chair in Great Room......It was last in Master Bedroom
The art piece, by Erica,  also was in Master Bedroom

Erica's Dress piece was moved to Master Bedroom
(it was in the Great Room)
The two just switched places




The French Chair was at the Dining Table.   "Sat" too low for table...had to move.  Now in Master Bedroom



Great chair for Dining Table.  "SITS" PERFECTLY!   I love having five (5) chairs at the round table!!!!



 
OVERALL VIEW OF THESE CHANGES


 SLIPPER CHAIRS "AFTER"
 SLIPPER CHAIRS "BEFORE"
note wing back chair "before"



The beauty of our "stuff" is that most of it looks great in most of the rooms.  This opens up so many different opportunities to enjoy them in new ways.  The entire feeling of a room can be changed with one "slide"!

I find it refreshing and fun to change the "feel" of a space.  It's really amazing how everything has a new look and becomes functional in so many different ways!

I read about a very intriguing adventure we must take. Sherry Hart has a number of posts about "SCOTTS" in her blog .  Go to her Scotts posts and see the awesome items she sees and usually buys!!!  It's a traveling antique show that is huge  HUGE. It comes to Atlanta once a month for a couple of days.

 /http://www.scottantiquemarket.com/

I know MC and I will get there either next week or when they return in July.  My local readers who love to hunt for antiques will be in HEAVEN!!!!

PS......Speaking of Chairs.....I LOVE THIS ONE




3 comments:

  1. No need to dust in your house! Nothing stays in one place long enough to accumulate any. All that changing would really drive our cat crazy! It looks good, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty...we must be separated at birth :)
    I am always moving things around and that is another reason to keep things neutral around the home right??? It allows us so much fun to keep "perfecting" the look as I like to say. You blog looks great and I like the added touch of the signature!

    ReplyDelete