HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Monday, February 8, 2010

JACKPOT......... THREE SEPERATE EPIPHANIES

MY LITTLE MIND JUST WON'T QUIT!

It all began last week when I got the brainy idea I needed a console or serving piece to use during a dinner in the Dining Room. It would have to be placed in the Great Room. There isn't room in the new space for any additional furniture. Naturally, as anyone would dream up, a tea cart instantly came to mind. It would be a perfect piece to put behind the wing back chair .....very functional and it would add a little whimsy.

I envisioned a gorgeous cart with mirrored shelves, large shinny rear wheels, and a handle to die for. Simple Elegance! To my horror this piece doesn't exist in my non-existing budget! I spent the week looking at all my regular sources and some not so regular ones!

Enter Plan B

Look for a console table that would fit in that space. In order to visualize what amount of space I was thinking of, I went around the house looking for a Stand-In that would give me a sense of how it would look. The search was short and sweet......my Mitchell Gold/Bob Williams mirrored Dressing Table and Sexy Sadie Chair would be perfect. (Purchased at their outlet store in Hickory, N.C.) It took no time at all and they were in place. To my amazement ......they looked so good, I decided why look any further...... Oh, boy, I just saved a fortune on my budget!!!!

I now have a lovely "Lady's Desk" and chair in the great room... and... when we use the dining room, a beautiful console table and extra seating!


BUT ........I NOW HAVE A HUGE EMPTY SPACE IN THE MASTER BEDROOM.......


I mentioned three Epiphanies. On to number two!

While placing the Lady's desk into it's perfect spot I finally figured a way to eliminate the narrow walking space through the room. I wasn't happy having to walk between the back of the chairs and the fireplace. The fireplace was never a "part" of the sitting area. To my surprise, by placing the chairs up to the fireplace, the entire room was opened up. Now, you enter the ROOM and just proceed! All it took was a little push and pull and it was done! Subtle, but what a change it has made! The "hall" is gone!




#3

Completely different subject. Loved my mirror over mirror hanging by the silver chain....but I wasn't that happy with the hooks holding the chain.

I knew what I needed, but had no idea where to find it. Master Carpenter found it!!!!!!

He comes into the house from the garage holding this perfect, shinny, knobby "thing" saying "Will this Work?" It was one of the brackets from a towel bar we had removed from the guest bath months ago! In less than an hour .......it was attached to the wall with the mirror and shinny chain hanging from it!!!!!

ps....if you don't happen to have spare towel bars in your garage another solution is Inactive Door Knobs (also called "dummy knobs") sold in hardware stores. Either is perfect for hanging pictures, mirrors.....just use your imagination!






...now........ that EMPTY space in the Master Bedroom..........

8 comments:

  1. Wow- nice changes. It's amazing how your mind works. Everything "revolved" nicely. Looks very pretty. I wonder how the empty space in your room will turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changes look great. I especially like the way the mirror was hung. I also have an idea for the empty space... how about a massage table for the 'master' carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest a really BIg big screen TV for the Master Carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear "Brothers".....Master Carpenter has always loved MY family!!!! Maybe he can have both when he finishes the attic space over the garage!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. attic space over the garage!!!!???????

    I love the "Lady's Table" just lovely! and that knob idea makes it really look purposeful! When you were explaining over the phone I didn't really get it, but photos are a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't tell Master Carpenter, but I have the "plans" already in my little brain! Stairs, window, insulation, flooring and on and on...I even know where these stairs could be! Of course the "investment" would be HUGE. But...it could be done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we need a comment from the master carpenter soon!!!!!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete