HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Monday, February 14, 2011

RESOURCES

YOU ASKED....HERE ARE THE RESOURCES I CHECK OUT.......

Over the past month, as you know, I have been very busy on this lap top! I have "viewed" thousands of chandeliers and pendants!.....THOUSANDS!!!

I am more than happy to share the websites that I check. Some that I have never done business with...I personally am not going to recommend....BUT... they all are full of ideas, and I enjoy browsing around for new inspirations.

The most logical sites to start with would be the lighting sources I check. Now, on each one, there are literally too many to check out in a short space of time. You can narrow your search, by choosing a price range, lighting type (chandelier or pendant,etc.), size, and so forth. Each site has different means in which to get to exactly what you are looking for.

I have personally purchased items from the following:

ballarddesign.com
overstock.com
lampsplus.com
archadianlighting.com

All of the above have been easy to do business with and I have been very happy with the products. Some charge shipping and some don't. Make sure you are aware of this. Also.....most don't charge tax. A tax charge is determined on whether they have a retail business in the State you live. I also recommend you google "coupons" available from the different sites. You will find many that offer free shipping, etc.

The other lighting sources I have looked at are:

atglighting.com
gspncrystal.com
amazon.com
lightinguniverse.com
csnlighting.com

I have also done business with overall home furnishing sites. Most of these you are all familiar with.

ballarddesign.com
potterybarn.com
restorationhardware.com
westelm.com
zgallerie.com
nordstrom.com (click on to Home Dept. The Westin Bed is to die for....the best bed we ever slept on. We've had it for over 4 years and it's as good today as the first night we slept on it. Also great for home accessories) Jennifer, there is no place like NORDSTROM!!!!

On the above .....most charge shipping and you will most likely pay tax. I prefer to shop at their retails shops when possible.

There is an internet site, One Kings Lane, that is a fabulous design source. It has daily sales. I have purchased a number of items from them and highly recommend you check them out. The quality of their items is unsurpassed. Most are high end items at greatly reduced prices. (better than any outlet store you have been to!). The daily sales vary from furniture, picture frames, linens, lighting, mirrors, pet products, a full spectrum!!! On weekends they have tempting gourmet foods. I look forward to their emails with the Day's Sale at 11:00am EST. On weekends, the Tastemaker Sales are fun to look at. World famous Designers are featured with their lines of products. Now.....these can be very pricey, but still greatly reduced from what the regular price is! But...really fun to look at and dream!!!

Kenneth Brown, you all know my passion for him, had a sale. I was able to purchase a fabulous mirror . Usually these items are, one of a kind, and you have to be fast on putting the item in "your cart"!!!

Finally I would like to mention a few of the Design sites I check out regularly:

kennethbrowndesign.com (of course a MUST)
sarahrichardsondesign.com
janshowers.com

I hope this has been helpful.....Have fun
Patty

For my readers who are local to the Griffin---- Atlanta area I highly recommend the following:

Lockwood Upholstery,LLC.... for fabulous reupholstering, etc.
Kathy Lockwood does fabulous work and you can reach Kathy at:
lockwoodupholstery@gmail.com

JCdesigns by Joe Cobucci is the best for window tinting and blinds,etc.
He can be reached at:
jcdesignswindowtinting@gmail.com

Linda Hilley at Re/Max Southern is the tops in resale
Linda can be reached at
llhilley@aol.com

Hewes Family Movers has to be the best movers we have EVER had
Bill Hewes can be reached at:
www.HewesFamilyMovers.com

Winston Bernard for interior home painting. We have had Winston paint both our homes here in SunCity and I have such praise for his work. A joy to have in your home!!
Winston Bernard can be reached at:
wbcps@aol.com

Janet Gibson......for anyone desiring to move into Sun City Peachtree
Janet can be reached at:
janet.gibson@delwebb.com

I will continue to update this list as I run into great people and sites.
Patty

I HAVE BEEN REMINDED THAT MC HAS BEEN LEFT OFF THE LIST!!!!!
I SPOKE WITH HIM AND UNFORTUNATELY HE CLAIMS TO BE BOOKED FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS !!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. YES! This is great to have! I'll have to check out some of those new ones to me when I have some time. Recommendations are always wonderful. AND, as I firmly believe... GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! Too many times now a days, people only comment when stuff goes wrong... YAY for positive recommendations and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added Nordstom to the list. Their Home Department is fabulous. From the Westin Bed to the large floor candle sticks, plus so many other items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. I'll have to bookmark some of these...thanks.

    ReplyDelete