HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Sunday, July 4, 2010

THE SOUTHERN LIVING IDEA HOME

FUN DAY

Master Carpenter and I ventured out one day last week to take our minds off the stress! We drove to one of our favorite new finds, Senoia, Georgia. It's a fabulous Historic town, about a 30 minute drive from Sun City. I think I wrote about it in an earlier post. Oh yes, it's the place I found my great new painted console piece!! (AKA....MY GOLF CLUBS)

That day we were informed that Southern Living Magazine was building a small development of different lifestyle homes. The Brownstone Section would have an end unit they were designing as their 2010 Idea Home. It opened June 12th!!!

No hesitation.... we were heading there......Maybe get some "ideas" for our Bucket List House!

Master Carpenter decided to do his favorite pastime, Geocaching, leaving me all the time I wanted in the Idea Home!! We both had a ball!!!

The home was filled with absolutely gorgeous furniture and accessories in a gracious Southern Design!!! Thoroughly refreshing !!!! A switch from my usual Transitional-Contemporary! It made my appreciate how lovely all of Grandma's pieces were. I am glad I managed to save some and hand down the rest.

There was one feature that stood out!!!! So simple ...I almost didn't see it! The home has a wonderful long covered porch off the family, dining and formal living rooms. To protect the porch from sun, they installed a roll-up awning. EPIPHANY.....EPIPHANY.....The Bucket List House has a covered veranda off the kitchen and great room. The PERFECT place for such an awning!!!

When Master Carpenter met me later, I walked him around to the side of the home. He thought it would be just the right thing for our veranda!!! So, we now have our first Epiphany for the Bucket List House. Hopefully we will be able to have it "approved" by the powers that be (The Sun City Peachtree Architectural Committee) !!!!!

While I am on the subject......Master Carpenter will be building two of his world renown custom shelving units on either side of the fireplace. This home has identical five foot niches on either side of the fireplace! He says the one he did last summer was his "practice" unit! I guess that means these will be "New" and Improved"!!!!! That will be the FIRST item on his Honey Do List. It holds the TV!!!

Below is a link to the Southern Living Idea Home. It will be featured in the August issue of the magazine that will available in a week or two.

http://www.historicsenoia.com/southernliving.html

Stay alert....The posts are getting close to the 10,000 mark. WHO WILL WIN??????

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is just the beginning of many "Honey-Dos". One a week so far....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great!!!! stick it in the notebook for later!

    ps... I will WIN! :)

    ReplyDelete