When we lowered the ledge .....The IRON CURTAIN... the granite didn't "quite" butt together perfectly. David did three different approaches. The best we had was something we could live with. I knew when we put our home on the market we might have to replace the entire 12 foot slab. I was right! We should have done it in the first place, but decided to "save" our money!!!
If you look closely you can see where the epoxy is very visible. Not a clean fit!
The only way we could solve this was to bite the bullet and replace the entire 12 slab!!!
So......that's what we are doing.
We found the granite. Monday morning, David and crew came out to remove the original piece.
And so the work began!
First step to the process was to remove the existing sink
Then, with a lot of STRENGTH the granite was removed!
Because of it's size and weight, David broke it into two pieces
AND HERE WE ARE!
WAITING FOR NEW SLAB TO BE INSTALLED
A FEW DINNERS OUT!!!
We are anticipating the new piece to be installed tomorrow.This gives the term "Open Concept" an entirely new meaning!!