HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Friday, October 26, 2012

PLAN Z-2

 BACK TO SQUARE ONE....ALMOST!

After no call from Home Depot by early afternoon MC called them.   Now, they tell us  "maybe"  it will come in,  next week, but they can't be sure when!

MC  CANCELLED THE ORDER!

What direction to go?  Start looking for another flooring product?  What?  

All week, I have been staring at this table with gold paint fogging up the mirror tile squares.  I kept thinking, (to myself), this doesn't  look too bad!  In fact I rather like the mirrors with the black frame and the gold base and legs.  I like it a lot!  Maybe we shouldn't have ordered the flooring material?     Didn't dare say a word to MC..... So when MC cancelled the order I really wasn't all that upset!  In fact, I was rather happy!



BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MIRRORS CHIPPING IN THE CORNERS? the reason for this entire exercise!

Remember those "star" studs that are put in sections of mirrors?  We used them with the mirror tiles in our last home   (I have looked, but can't find a picture)  They looked great.  We're not sure how they would work on a table top, but they would cover,  and hopefully,  stop the chipping in the corners where the mirrors meet.

MC is all for looking into this...it's another trip to Lowes!   Not Home Depot!

If we have time,  we will look tomorrow.  Sunday is a big day here.  We're having a "Get Together" (I hate the word "MEETING")  of all the Committee Heads and Volunteers that are part of  the Holiday Tour Of  Homes  we are heading up.  This is one reason why I was hoping the table would be finished by Sunday.


AS A REVIEW
THE SAGA OF THE COCKTAIL TABLE

First Edition
Next we "tested" different materials to cover the plywood top


Vinyl  Tiles....no go
 Glass tiles....no


 mirror tile squares....yes!

 


Mirror tiles begin to "crack" in corners.




Second Edition
INSPIRATION PIECE

MC PREPARES TO TRANSFORM TABLE TO "INSPIRATION" PIECE






AFTER FOUR CANS OF GOLD PAINT....NOTICE DIFFERENT COLORS AND BRANDS!
......NOT PLANNED....this was what the store had when MC went back,  after running out.....
ALL TRIPS TO ......LOWES.....many miles with the price of gas going up by the minute!

BUT....THIS IS THE WHOLE FUN PART FOR MC

 GOLD LEGS AND BASE....LOOKING GOOD!


NEXT STEP..
BUILD "FRAME"




MC CLEANED  OFF ALL THE GOLD PAINT THAT HAS BEEN ON THE TILES
Took most of the afternoon





 ACCESSORIZE  TOMORROW......THIS WAS "STAGED" FOR A QUICK PHOTO SHOT

This is where we are....Today!  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
.....maybe,  we will look into those "star studs" .....never know????

ps....the furniture has changing constantly.... I have noticed while looking at these pictures that chairs, tables, lamps, rugs, etc. are different places  in almost each shot!  Makes us feel as if we live in a NEW home every day!!!



THIS MORNING  I HAVE TWEAKED THE ROOMS! IT'S THE SAME OLD STORY.....ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER

 HERE IS THE SPACE!  WE ARE READY FOR THAT GET TOGETHER.....




 ON TO THE NEXT ADVENTURE!!!




14 comments:

  1. MC to the rescue. Well duh. There's a news flash:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how it looks. Why change perfection? Beautiful, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty your home looks company or tour ready!! I like the tiles! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty I think it looks tres chic! I envy that you can look at a piece of furniture so different and see it as your inspiration piece. Hope your flower thing-ys work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I will need to keep gold spray paint in mind on my next thrifting trip. The coffee table that I want is $2000. Since that is not going to happen I think I will use your project as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty you two, love your take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like it the way it is! are the chips that noticeable/dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  8. MC, you are so patient. My husband would never attempt this. I think Lowes does a better job with customer service. It always works out for the best, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have them covered with the tray. Just don't want them to "spread". Will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Patty!!! It's so gorgeous! As is the rest of your house- I really wish I lived close because I'd beg you to let me come over and see it in person! It's so pretty!! MC did a fantastic job on the table. I love it in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your whole room looks so fabulous,Patty, but I keep thinking to myself that your sweet, MC has the patience of Job...love the way it looks just the way it is...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the helpful info you provide to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am rather certain I’ll be informed many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
    --------------------------------
    Thanh Le - My blog
    http://www.homedesign9.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Le Trung Thanh for reading my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I will check out your blog for sure

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely table - and the whole space is amazing! So chic! I'm impressed how much you DIYed it - amazing!

    ReplyDelete