HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Friday, September 11, 2009

ERICA THE MASTER SEW-ER !!!!!

Oh,.... Erica has been a busy little girl these past weeks!!!

I "commissioned" her to do another bed project. Needed a new "fall/winter" look for our new bedroom. She went with it, with only a note from me saying I envisioned something warm and inviting!

After numerous phone calls, pictures, and fabric samples, we came up with a "design" and a fabric. I Went WAY out of my comfort zone by adding a cream, warm color instead of staying with the safe cool whites. Erica felt that the cream tones of the fabric were the perfect compliment to the whites all ready in the space, and would give it the warm and inviting feel I was looking for..... And......she is right!!!

The surprise was the "special" front pillow with the whimsy coral button!!! I had no idea she was adding that to the package! She used her design eye and recognized it would marry her art work perfectly to the bedding!! So clever. I had the throw in another space, but after the pillow with that button was unpacked......it immediately went on the bed!

The fabric for that little jewel was a "scrap" from the purse she made for me while she was in college. This girl is just full of talents....... art, silk scarfs, bags, and bed ensembles! She has a website that is featured on the right side of this blog page. If you haven't seen her "work" definitely check it out. .......... Oh, and .... Did I mentioned she's for "HIRE".........!!!!!!!

The paint is still drying on our masterpiece....but hopefully we can do some installing soon. Might have to wait to add the STUFF, but it will be nice to get it IN!!!!! Master Carpenter has a lot of patience......only problem is......I have NONE!

Are you checking out the "Hits". We are getting close to 4000!!! Can't wait to see that magic 5000!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous!

    well done Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It just all came together perfectly! The fabric hunt was a synch (I was at my fabric shop and there it was, just waiting for us!) and then just putting it all together and wrestling with 11+ yards of fabric! I love sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and it does look warm and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my girl! She got her talent from me!!

    ReplyDelete