HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CHOCOLATE CAKE and btw a 10 foot wall unit

Yesterday I enjoyed my second, and still one of the best,  chocolate cakes ever!
Yes, you guessed it, MC and I "motored" to IKEA!
What a difference driving there from our new home compared to SunCity...... a half hour less and no traffic!!
MC has decided that IKEA can do all the work!  He figures why should he play "Super Cabinet Maker".    Their products fit our home so well.  And...it saves MC lots of pain and lots of money!

All he has to do is assemble them!!!

The purpose of our adventure yesterday, was to buy the wall unit we had seen on our last trip.  We measured the space and we were ecstatic when we discovered that three units would fit like a glove on our wall!!!
Again, it is a perfect fit!!!

The trick would be if we could get all three boxes in our car!  We bought two  first to see how they fit with the idea we could go back in and get the third or come back today and get the third unit.

LUCKILY ALL THREE FIT!!!

MC immediately got to work putting the first one together!!!!

STEP ONE
OPEN BOX

 STEP TWO
ASSEMBLE!

 


STEP THREE
READ INSTRUCTIONS



RE-READ INSTRUCTIONS


STEP FOUR
AGAIN

 ASSEMBLE

AH, I THINK HE'S GOT IT!
(NOTE:  Bruise on left hand caused by getting ALL boxes in car)






# ONE

UP!





YES, THIS WAS GOING TO WORK!!
I DID A LITTLE PLAYING



 This exercise took most of the evening and at this point it was time to REST!


Bright and early (well 10am is early for us), he started

Unit 2!

IN NO TIME.......MAYBE 20 MINUTES IT WAS DONE!!!!!
THEN 

 UNIT 3!

ALL THREE UP
AND 
STYLED!!!





 I figure I have many years of changing these babies out!!!!!
I bet the kids start a "Pool"  on how long it will take for me to make changes!!!

Congratulations MC
A job WELL DONE!!!

Patty




14 comments:

  1. it looks perfect there! love the styling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two make the best team! It would take me hours and hours and hours to put one together. Who am I kidding?? Tom would do it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MC, you are such a trooper. I can't believe how quickly these were up and Patty, you all ready have them styled…A-MAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to Ikea on Saturday and wished I had bought more of the wooden hangers. Great deal $5 for 8 hangers. Anyway I digress...Fantastic way to make changes without tons of sweat involved. This is one way to change the room by only changing what's on the shelves. Looks like it was a win win decision for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your luck that you could find ready-mades that fit (and look!) so perfect. Really lovely styling, Patty. They are a great backdrop to your dining area. Pretty. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection! I love them. I also LOVE all the picture of MC scratching his head. You've got yourself a good one Patty. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're perfect!! You are the styling queen, it would have taken me forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! AND different than the other ones in the living room. LOVE the story-telling here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos of MC assembling these...I hate Ikea instructions- I'm always desperate for some words, not pictures! So anyways getting to see the process for you guys was funny! And I love love love these shelves! They look great in here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, love them. They are perfect.
    I enjoyed the photos of MC assembling too. So funny and he is such a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its comical to see the pictures of dad and your captions. The shelves look great. I am sure you have already arranged since the blog went up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shelves look great and fit like a glove! The picture of MC scratching his head is very funny! Both of you are super efficient, I wished we were half as efficient as both of you. :)

    Well done!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE putting together Ikea furniture....it's just baffling sometimes how difficult it can be! Good for MC....sticking with it. What an impact it has made and I want in on that pool with your kids because I am positive you will make changes daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it... looks great...Patty...they made such an impact on the room....you are good!

    ReplyDelete